At APA in Chicago? If so, join me at 4 PM in Regency C for a panel discussion on Big Data, Open Data and Planning. We will explore themes around data, technology and urban planning with some of the leading minds in both planning and technology. This aims to be not just a “how-to” session but also a broader cross-sector conversation where the audience and panelists can learn from each other. The panel brings together senior technologists and the senior planning counterparts from San Francisco, Chicago, New York and Philadelphia, including:
- John Tolva, Chief Technology Officer, Chicago
- Peter Skosey, Executive VP, Metropolitan Planning Council
- Gina Tomlinson - Chief Technology Officer, City and County of San Francisco
- Teresa Ojeda - Manager, Information and Analysis Group, SF Planning
- Gary Jastrzab – Executive Director, Philadelphia City Planning Commission
- Andrew Nicklin - Director of Research and Development, NYC Dept of Information Technology and Telecommunications
Look forward to seeing you there!